Announcement Update: 25th May, 2021
Introduction of the calculation method of the semester grades of group labor education in line with CYUT’s online teaching
In response to the severe Covid-19 pandemic and in line with CYUT’s online teaching, the Labor Education Program of the second semester of 2020 academic year will be suspended from 17th May to 25th June. The calculation method of the semester grades of group labor education has been adjusted as follows:
- The applicable targets are the labor education students (international students, transfer students and disabled students).
- Percentage of Performance: 50% for the attendance/absence, 30% for practical performance, and 20% for experience reflection.
- Attendance/Absence: Only those absent during non-online teaching will be counted, and absents will not be counted during online teaching.
- Practical Performance: The performance is based on the actual performance during the labor education period.
- Experience Reflection: Those who have completed three times of community service in the semester and those who have been approved by the Service Learning Section to be exempted from participating in community service, please make sure to fill in the experience reflection part three times by 2nd June, web link: https://reurl.cc/Agx6dK.
- Please complete the final reflection by 2nd June, the web link:
- The original scheduled makeup community service is suspended on 1st June. Students who have applied for the service will be processed on public leave. Students who have not applied for the makeup service will be automatically deducted from the system for one community service absence (taking as an application for once of the makeup service) but the above-mentioned students still need to fill in the experience reflection questionnaire by 2nd June, web link: https://reurl.cc/Agx6dK.
- The attendance and absence, practical performance, experience reflection before 14th May will be counted for grading of labor education of this semester; those who have not completed filling up what has been mentioned above will not be graded) and it will be announced on 16th June. All the students may apply for the makeup labor education according to personal grades and willingness.
- If the present graduating students’ fail the labor education and they intend to take the makeup service, being confirmed of the graduate qualification by the Service Learning Section, they are allowed to clean up at home as the makeup service with a deduction for one absence every 20 minutes. The students will be graded again only when they have completed the makeup service.
- If the graduates’ fail the labor education and they intend to take the makeup service, being confirmed that the postponed graduation is not caused by failing labor education by the Service Learning Section, they are required to come back to CYUT to complete the makeup service when the university operates as usual.
- The non-graduates may apply for the makeup service according to their personal willingness no matter their grades pass or fail. And when the university operates as usual in the next semester. The students will be graded again only when they have completed the makeup service.
- Those who intend to apply for the makeup service of labor education, please complete the application form online by 17:00 on 25th June. Those who fail to complete the online registration by the deadline will be taken as forfeiture. The web link is as follows: https://reurl.cc.bX4oEd.
- The applicants shall complete the makeup labor education in three weeks in the next semester when the university operates as usual.
- If you have further inquiries regarding group labor education of this semester, please contact Mr. Ming-Jen Chang by calling the extension no. 5042